Saturday, May 21, 2011

Trail Ride

Horse owners are all buzzing about the EHV virus, some reports say there is very little risk of contracting it and other reports are a little more scary with facilities closing travel and canceling events. I think I made the right choice in staying home.
So when I got a call this morning asking if I wanted to join in on a local island ride I said I'd love to.  It was a nice way to spend a Saturday.
  Just a word of warning- do not try to identify plants by sniffing from the back of an antsy Arabian.  Some of us were curious about the identity of a tall plant along the trail....it was growing everywhere. I thought it looked like a member of the mint family. I picked a leaf,held it up to smell it and my dear Jango did a move,the leaf brushed up against my nose.
  It was stinging nettle.

No comments:

Post a Comment