Friday, May 20, 2011

EHV-1

I finished packing my trailer, organized my camping equipment, aired out the sleeping bag even gave Jango a bath, but sadly have decided to cancel my ride to Mt.Adams due to the EHV outbreak.
  I'm reading reports from state vets throughout the PNW and it seems as if the exposed horses in Oregon have all been accounted for and quarantined but this ride is in Washington and I would be in contact with an unknown number of horses from various states. My local vet says the risk of contracting the disease is minimal-considering the discipline and setting but after much thought I decided to play it safe and stay home. Worst case scenario is that Jango got exposed and we bring it back to our barn....I don't want that on my conscience.
  Another beautiful day so I'll head out this morning unpack the trailer and do more conditioning!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you missed your weekend ride but hope you had fun today!

    ReplyDelete